personalized management approach for obstructive sleep apnea
SLEEP APNEA AND DENTAL APPLIANCE THERAPY
While snoring is a significant social problem, it often indicates a more serious risk to an individual's health. Research now confirms that snoring is strongly associated with obstructive sleep apnea which can lead to serious cardiovascular and psychological disease.
Wake Dental Sleep is accredited by American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM), joining an elite group of centers around the nation recognized for proficiency, professionalism and procedural excellence regarding the treatment of patients with sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing.
People with untreated sleep apnea* are at a significantly increased risk of:
- heart attack
- decreased intelligence
- motor vehicle accidents
- dying at a younger age
>> more about symptoms and consequences
Dr. Jennifer Le, DMD is one of the first dentists in the Raleigh area to offer oral appliance therapy for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. Located in the heart of the Wakefield area of North Raleigh, we offer our patients the convenience of a full-service, cutting-edge dental office as well as an alternative to continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
Are you getting the rest you need?
Take the following world-wide used test to assess your level of sleepiness. It is not to be used to make a diagnosis, but will help to identify your level of daytime sleepiness.>> take the Epworth Sleepiness Test
Wake Dental Sleep offers you or someone you know the conservative options for snoring or obstructive sleep apnea. We invite you for a complimentary consultation to review and consider the many advantages of oral appliance therapy.>> more about dental appliances
Medical professionals agree that sleep is essential for the maintenance and renewal of all your body’s physiological systems. What most people don’t realize is just how much of an impact sleep has on, well, everything — mood, weight, aging of the skin, pain management, information processing and sex drive to name a few. So we spoke with medical experts in their respective fields to answer all the questions you didn’t know to ask about sleep. Read on to learn how sleep plays a major role in almost every aspect of your health and wellness.
Forms for Dental Sleep Medicine Referrals:
- Detailed Written Order for MAD (.pdf 47kb)
- Referral for Dental Sleep Device (.pdf 66kb)
- Sample Rx for Dental Sleep Device (.pdf 31kb)
- Sample Sleep Apnea Letter of Medical Necessity (.pdf 28kb)
*for references, click here
- Chronic Snoring Guide
- Sleep Preview Magazine
- Research Packet Sleep Dental Medicine
- Oral appliances may be highly effective in treating a type of sleep apnea
- We Beat Sleep Apnea. It Should Be Easier for You to Do It, Too.
- Dental Sleep Practice Spring 2020.
- COVID Policy Statement.
- Collaborative Care Sleep Disorders Could Be Better.
- Oral appliances may be highly effective in treating a type of sleep apnea.
- Acceptance and Efficacy of Mandibular Advancement Device Treatment in Military Veterans With Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Effect on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
New patients may prepare in advance by downloading the appropriate form and bringing the completed form to your appointment.
Please print and bring with you on your first visit to our office.